Wednesday, July 10, 2013

2.PATERNAL PARADISE

2.MY PARENTS.

   When I think about my parents,I am so proud of them.And also I have a strong feeling that as their daughter I have two moral duties.

First I have to preserve the beautiful colors of their self-esteem and their meaningful life i.e their value based life which should be maintained  with the same value at least for my life time.i.e. I am not supposed to bring any harm to their names as a daughter.

Secondly being their daughter I have to earn some  respect to my name and to add some in their names.Yes. their way of leading their life which left some foot prints in me, brought this strong feeling into me.

MY FATHER

   He was  a born Gentleman  and a born generous.Even though he was stricken by the poverty,he was conscious about his self-esteem and his family's self-esteem.He was a small  scale potato merchant and his office was situated in about sixty kilometers from our village.He visited our native village once in a week or once in a fortnight depending on the seasonal harvest of the potato.In his business he was able to be in some people's good book due to his genuine nature.

   Sometimes due to lack of money for some rotation, he had to face some people's anger for his belated payments.However he was able to preserve his self-esteem.Sometime he had to go after some people who got advance promising to send their yield after their harvest and failed to keep their promise by sending their yield to other merchants for their other monitory benefits or for some other reason.Even at those times,he was able to preserve his self-esteem

   He was neat and very tidy person.Being himself in milky white shirt and dhoti he wanted his home and its surroundings to be neat and tidy.Whenever he visited our hometown, whoever he met either his dears and nears or his neighbors or people belong to his own village or known village his inquiry would be milky white as his attire. His interaction with children at home and children of of our street  would be very comical.I enjoyed listening it

   During his visits to our native place he never failed to spend some quality time with my granny with a big pocket of tobacco which were usually munched joyfully by the grannies of those days.His love- bond with our family was spectacular.He maintained a good rapport with his brothers's and sisters' families and guided us to maintain the same with good tactics.

   Even though I had limited chances to enjoy all these as I was living with my maternal Uncle and Aunt(my God parents) I could preserve those sprinkled moments within me.

  .His sayings were beautiful.His usual sayings were 1.If we try to save our money and meals at the cost of our self-esteem means it is of no use.With that useless money and meals we let ourselves down.Then there will be no meaning in our life.

2.Even if we are indebted for the sake of our parents it wouldn't take much time to clear the debts.

3.We must live on our gratitude

    At his eighteenth year he was married to a fifteen year old girl who belonged to a wealthy family.( I still wonder how come it would  be possible for my maternal grand father to give his eldest  fair and beautiful  daughter to an ordinary farmer at this young age?May be this is called destiny.) The reason for this early marriage was at that time my paternal grand mother got hurt with her one eye sight  by a bull during the de-husking process in agriculture.As my father was the eldest one naturally  with no other go but had to marry for the sake of his parents.

   After his marriage he and his family were came under the wings of my maternal grand-parents.But my father knew his boundaries and his limitations.Even though many times his poverty made him unwillingly  to
cross his boundaries and limitations, he was able to manage to preserve his self-esteem through various valid principles.

   My mother was diagnosed as heart patient at her middle age.She underwent a major heart surgery at that time.She had been hospitalized for nearly one year for various reasons.At that time my God's son father took the role of mother both for our family and for my mother.

  My father was interested in ventures.But his poverty never allowed him to explore.He was ardent fan of foot-ball who himself was a player. where ever the foot-ball matches are going on in and around of our location  he was willing to go there.Sometimes it was possible and sometimes not.But he let it go.

   He had to say good bye to his business to take care of my mother.Even though it was his dream he had no regrets for the same.I could understand the depth and the thickness of his love-bond towards his sweet heart and his family.But the day when I saw the remaining parts of his business related things which reached our home, my grief was beyond any explanation.

   He is a health conscious person.But he was bed-ridden for more than three months. seventy percent in the hospital and thirty percent at home.But he showed  no pain for any thing .I think this is the reason for his contented life.He seemed to have taken the things as they are.My maternal family recognized his simplicity,his generosity,his care for all nature and they honored him very well.My maternal grand mother even at her ripe age she was by her eldest son-in-law and her eldest daughter side from the day one when my father was hospitalized.After his funeral only she left for her place.

    I observed these precious moments of these relationships and absorbed the values within me.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment