Monday, July 8, 2013

1.PATERNAL PARADISE

1.MY GRAND PARENTS.
                                         I have no idea about my grand father but I have heard about him a lot.He had three sons and two daughters.Even though he had eight children he had been blessed with only five children.
When ever I would like to know about  him the familiar fact about him was put forth in the first place.The fact is that we had a giant buffalo which could be milked only by my grand father means you can understand his power of authority and temperament.As usual  as all our native villages, in our villages agriculture is pre-dominant.So naturally he was  a hard worker
.
   We belong to lower middle class family.The  beauty at our native places at that time was there was no difference between rich and poor.Some exceptions were there.But the whole village's caring and sharing was an admirable one.Here goes like this.

A stranger entered the village.The first question from the first villager who noticed the stranger the usual dialogue went like this
.
VILLAGER: Hello how are you?How about a cup of coffee or meals?(Villages were at that time quite familiar for their hospitality.The strangers were either served with coffee or meals  to match their visiting time) STRANGER: Fine.Thank you.What about you.

VILLAGER: I am also fine.By the way may I know who you  are?Where are you coming from?  Which house you would like to visit?In that house which person you want to meet?On what purpose?when the villager was satisfied with the stranger then only he would be allowed  allowed to move further.Till the stranger reached the destination of the house which he had to visit he had to face this sort of en query along with the same warm hospitality

   And more over within the streets or within the villages give and take policies were very common with their excessive things.It could be milk,butter,butter milk,green leaves,grains,flours and special meals and even guests and so on.So in this atmosphere, it wouldn't be so difficult for my grand parents to lead a decent life with that below middle class set-up.

   I came to know that they were made for each other.My granny was said to be very polite and she was very conscious about my grandpa's health.Till he finished having his meals she was by his side with her special hospitality.But I doubt about his hospitality towards my granny.

   I could vaguely remember my granny.She was fair with medium height who was an ever ready laughing person.My loving eldest sister's pet.Many times my sister got nice scolding from my granny  for her mischievous effort to make my nanny to have a hearty laughter which led my granny to wet the place where she was like a child.My loving granny showed no partiality among grand children.

   Whenever she found time,mostly on our summer holidays,she called us and checked our heads for lice and applied plenty of oil and combed and irritated us with the tighten plaits.She gave all of us small small pots to fetch  water from the common tap to fill the three houses bigger pots.My father was the eldest one and has two brothers.My grand parents were staying with his youngest brother..But that made no difference

.Even though I was not fortunate to have good times with my grand father as he left this world and my granny a bit early,As I was brought up by my maternal uncle and aunt,  my interactions with my granny were limited.But I could spend some quality time with my grand mother during summer holidays and family get together.

   It was told that  as  our basic occupation is agriculture, every one in the family had to work hard.But no sufficient meals as they were  as a big joint family for quite a long time in the beginning.My granny"s tactic was to serve meals as side dish and green leaves as main dish to suppress the poverty.

   During de husking process her one eye got hurt by bull's horn.She lost her one eye sight.She got operated but it was no use.But she made herself to live with  the other eye comfortably. Our three family houses are in the same street situated as neighboring house.So whatever special meals prepared  in these three houses they were first sent to my granny to taste or she would be invited to taste depending on the day and night.

   When she was counting her days I visited her.At that time I was  in my seventh standard.Nearly one week or so we had so many visitors.In one side prayer songs were going on for peaceful departure of her soul which are common rituals at our native places.My cousins also visited.Their very often visits made them so close to my granny than me.They cried uncontrollably.Especially my eldest sister who was married off  just three months back at that time,was very upset.No one was able to console her.I myself was a silent spectator which seemed odd for that atmosphere.Somebody told my granny that I had no sufficient love for her.My granny told them how come you say that from outside? Our blood and soul feel each other.

    The time when she left us,I felt that uncontrollable grief in me and that brought out the pain of my heart through my out burst crying.Everything was over.But she gave me a satisfaction as if I was being with her and with my grand father through her memorable activities.Thank God.

   I feel very bad when I think about  this generation that they are having either least chance or no chance to be  with their grand parents to feel their pure and intimate love.Their moral support  is very creative one. Being a bridge between  parents and their children they make a family with its real meaning.i.e.Every one is there willingly for every one and for every thing.

   By God's grace when our children are blessed with them we parents are not supposed to be barriers .We must build bridge between them  which will help our children to lead a value based life and also it helps them to face the things as they come.More over when we respect that grand parents relations  it will help us to leave a ever green foot print of family bond through generations after generations.


































.










No comments:

Post a Comment