Friday, July 12, 2013

3.PATERNAL PARADISE.

MY MOTHER.

    My mother was a born Iron lady.She was born in upper middle class family.At that time it was considered to be wealthy family.Their family  was a  hard working family resorting to their agriculture to some greater extent.So no trace of  poverty.At that time itself they were having four times meals a day where at my mother's destined place two times meals were not sure.My mother's family owned a house which was somewhat bigger  with abundant cattle,hens and chicks and some rabbits.So delicious milk related foods and non-vegetarian foods were prepared very often.

   Rarely wealth and discipline and generocity go hand in hand.But my maternal grand parents made it possible.So naturally they had good name and fame in their village.

   Even though my mother  was from a wealthy family,sometimes  I think that my mother had no knowledge about it.But she was very conscious to preserve her family name and fame.Naturally she took after her family in hard working.In other words she was a workaholic.

   When she was married off to  my father in her fifteenth year before to attain her puberty,I think she felt lonely.Because she was born with ten siblings.Really it would be so difficult for her to  mingle with this limited persons with some sort of silent atmosphere.Even though my paternal grandmother belonged to her own village she found no comfort with her.

   It was told so.In those days of heaven,the senior citizens of any village who happened to visit other villages for various reasons,it was a custom as moral responsibility that they had to visit to their villager daughters who were destined to that particular village.Many times many visited my mother.At that time it was told so that my mother holding their dresses tightly,with burst out crying,asking them,"father I will come with you.
Please take me with you.Please father, please father".On seeing her heart rendering crying, the senior citizens who belong to her own village cursed my maternal grandfather for sending  this tiny fair little girl away in the name of marriage.They tried their best to console her.

    Many times I wonder how come that  tiny little soul became with this much will power as one man army.
As my father was away from our village for the sake of his business,she individually and independently took care of her family and her field,and our cattle and of course some hens and chicks.When scarcity arise she never hesitate to take other people's fields on rental basis.

   One time one of  the friend of my father,asked my father"How come you be so carefree in doing your business with no worries about your family"? My father,"My wife is there to take care of everything".For everyone for everything his answer would be like this.One day the particular friend happened to meet my mother,and she was introduced to him.He couldn't believe his eyes.How come this tiny fragile lady able to manage all by herself being in the good books of many people of her own and neighboring villages.

   When she was reaching her middle age she was diagnosed with severe heart problems.Her will power alone let her undergo two major heart surgeries with long intervals.

   My father was counting his days.But my mother took care of him very well along with her mother and with her siblings.Her deep love and respect on my father made her to be an angel at that time.Nobody could believe that she was a heart patient taking regular treatment with regular check-ups and medicines.The love she reserved for my father gave her that much strength to do the all rituals after his death which were some sort of long process but she could manage it.

   When her pain was beyond the limit only  she came out with it.Her will power made her to sustain the heart related other pains also.She never wanted to be a burden to anyone due to her ill health condition,she maintain her health with some care.She was very strict in her diet related instructions given by the doctors.

     My mother was very fond of her family.Some times I think she was unable to recognize the impeccable love showering on her by her dears and nears due to her heavy responsibilities.She was a living  example for her simplicity,her way of taking responsibilities,her hard working nature and of course the power within that fragile body.

     I observed her will power and absorbed the strength within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment