Sunday, July 20, 2014

6.The Smart strides of small kids.

   Union is not only strength but also Smart.I realized it with my own family kids.

   As usual we visited our native place on the  other summer holidays.The kids were so excited.All they knew was only playing and roaming around the village in and around.One such day, it was the time for winter crops.After a good summer shower, the fields were made to get ready to get cultivated. In our fifteen cent field in front of our house, my brother was not able to find sufficient men power as the whole village was busy with their fields with their arranged men power.My brother,my sister-in-law and with the help of one of our relative they started their work to even the field.I thought that it would take nearly four days with those three persons.

   Around eleven in the morning I called my nephews and nieces along with my own daughters.Including myself we made the total seven.With the persons in the field the total became ten.I tried my best to woo the children to the field.In the beginning they refused bluntly.But my efficient efforts and with some efficient promises they reluctantly agreed to accompany me to the field.

   We reached the field.The climate was very nice.My brother,"Oh kids!Why are you coming here?Go to play.We will come soon".The kids looked at me.I hastily answered."We have just come here to help you Brother!".My brother glared at us.I continued,"You and sister-in-law just guide us what else to do.We shall follow your instructions".

   Then the happy journey of cultivation started.My brother and his helper were moving ahead with their ploughing project.My sister-in- law did the leveling project.We people followed their instructions.Myself and elder kids, made two meters length and a quarter meter depth furrows side by side in good orders.One set of the younger kids, placed the beans seeds in the furrows in good order with equal intervals with their sweet brisk hands.The other set of the younger kids covered the same furrows gently with the soil from the either side of the furrows with the same sort of sweet brisk little hands.

   By lunch we people finished doing more than half part of the field.In our custom, when the cultivation process gets completed we have to have soaked dried bean dish for our dinner on the same day.Assuming the process would get done by sun set on the same day,my sister-in-law hastily went back home to soak the dried beans in the boiling water.By sunset we people completed the process with those smart kids' helping hands.We were so happy.My brother's family,and our neighbor fields paternal uncles' family and the other surrounding field owners and workers appreciated the grand work of our family kids with their good heart.They teased my brother family by saying that,"Look my son! the first harvest must reach those good kids in time.Remember it".The kids joys found no bounds.When our neighboring fields' ploughing works were in their half way, we did complete the whole cultivation process in a day with the help of those smart strides of small kids.I was so proud of our family kids.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment