Saturday, April 12, 2014

4.I, You and They.Part I

    My family got down at that village railway station.My family means,Rathore myself and Leena my loving wife and our two children, thirteen years old daughter and ten year old son who were very sulky at that time.You might have known the reason when you have noticed our family's appearance.our high metropolitan life style did reflect to its core in this village station.It was obvious that the children never wish to inhale this village atmosphere which according to them,the villages and their inmates would never match their life style. They are in the opinion that the village inmates are still belonging to the stone age period. It is my mistake. Even though myself and Leena worried a bit about the mindset of our children but we acted as we are seemed to be least bothered about their mindset.

    As soon as we got down from the train,the station master himself came forward and made an inquiry about our visit to make sure whether we have hit the right place.Then he turned to look for some one who belong to the same village where our family intended to visit.His body language indicates clearly the respect he has towards that particular family. i.e.Leena's family.The person he found to help us also reflected the same respect and seemed to be very ready to take any sort of responsibility for the sake of that particular family. i.e.Leena's family. Leena inhales the majesty of the respect with an adorable pride, in front of me which her family owns in her native village.

    I and Leena are the leading Eye surgeons in a leading hospital in a metropolitan city.Leena is the eldest daughter of her family with four siblings.Three younger brothers,and one youngest sister.She was brought up by her well to do maternal grandparents in another village.As she had been put up in the hostel in a city near by her maternal parents village right from her high school level,her visits to her native village gradually in low counts.When she got the Medical seat she took an oath "I must be a good leading eye surgeon and through my service and throughout my life I must to do my best to bring good awareness to people as much as possible to donate their eyes to bring many good things in donors' vision and as well as in recipients' vision..i.e.minimum she wants  her district to be a blind free district.So with that dedication with that big responsibility towards her goal let her curtail her visits even to her grand parents place.Naturally she found no opportunity to visit her own village for a long time.

   She got immersed in her studies for long years,for a noble purpose to make her profession a noble one.She had no idea about the outside world.Her parents,her grand parents and her maternal and paternal uncles did visit her very often that made her very comfortable with some knowledge of the outside world through some messages they passed on her.Her internal and external dedication towards this noble profession had brought
a distinguished power within her and that power turned her a skilled and elegant lady in her profession.Her sensible, motherly nature towards her profession helped her to get placed in a reputed hospital in a metropolitan city.On behalf of her hospital,her participation in many international seminars and her paper presentations have led to some crucial research thresholds.She has become a prominent asset to her hospital.

    I, Rathore who is from a an affluent family have made myself as a part of this hospital and I  had been sent to U.S.A.on deputation.When I came back I had been introduced to Leena who had been appointed to add some feathers to the cap of our department.Everything was going on very well.As Leena's intention is very good and as she wanted her good intention to get implemented in various level she was always very ready to cope with our team.Invariably our teams' favorite team coordinator.Considering the "Natural made for each other nature" of we two prominent professionals,the Chief of our hospital sent a word for Leena's grand parents and parents and put forward his humble suggestions politely and requested them to consider his suggestions to help their special girl to step into the heaven as my 'Life Partner' if we wish.This process was going on without our knowledge.In fact our chief was not at all ready to lose these prominent assets of his hospital.So he himself,tried his best to bring these two families together to make something well and good for those two families as well as for his hospital.

   After getting into a partnership deed to start our life business,with the profuse blessings from the Almighty through our revered rituals and the same profuse blessings from our loving relatives through their hearty involvements in various activities to make our ' Life Partnership 'deed a grand one.I Rathore and Leena my better- half,we started our new and sweet life gracefully.Till the date everything is going on very well by the grace of almighty.

   But for Leena something pricks her mind that except her parents and grand parents and her maternal and paternal uncles,nobody visits her from her side. Rathore's. kind humble family pay their visit very often from their place nearly five hundred kilometers which is another metropolitan city.They are staying with Rathore's elder brother who and his wife are also doctors by profession. Leena has invited my parents umpteen times to stay with us..As she has been always alone due to her profession she wants to be a part of a joint family.My parents have been doing their best by their often visits  and staying with us very often for considerable periods.

    But even after our marriage, even after everything seemed to get settled down,no relatives from her side except the usual relatives.She umpteen times told her parents and grand parents to bring other relatives along with them.But only the reasons of various forms keep arriving for their inability to visit her.There after, she started pestering me to accompany her to her native place.But I didn't take it seriously.However,she finds good comfort with the visits and stays of my parents and brother's family at our place and our visits and stays at their place.

    Even after our children's arrival Leena kept pestering me to arrange for a visit to her grand parents place and her birth place.Even now I didn't take it seriously.More over,I feel myself  not comfortable with their village atmosphere.Passing the bucks on our profession,I was not ready to lend my ears to her.When I asked her if she was that desperate let her go alone to meet her relatives.But she brushed aside that foolish suggestion.She clarified me that as she is going to pay visit to her native place first time after marriage,it wouldn't be fair to go all alone.She wanted to take her loving family with her.But all her efforts were in vain. At one point,she stopped asking me to accompany her village relation,she started luring our children.But when they came to know that I am not interested,they become the 'chip of the old block' of their father in this matter.Finally she gave up her effort and the days were passing on.

   I failed to notice her longing of paying visit to her native place which is, just like a kid's only wish during summer holidays is that he/she is to be allowed to play with his/her favorite play mates to play their favorite games during the whole summer holidays whether it rains or shines.As many dumbos husbands, being with their wives and celebrating  their life,they have no knowledge about their own sweet heart's intimate wishes,I deserved to come under this category.

   One day we happened to visit our colleague's silver jubilee wedding day celebration.There I happened to notice that Leena was watching that family function with popping eyes.That family seemed to have a good rapport with both side of the families.Both families seemed to be comfortable with all activities in the function as if they were quite familiar with each other.Their caring and sharing and teasing and so many things made that function really a grand one..It was obvious that it wouldn't be possible for this healthy relationship, unless they haven't put some efforts to some extent.I felt very guilty,when I was watching Leena throughout the function.It is crystal clear that my ' Sweet Heart' wants me to put some effort to make her family feel comfortable to visit us which is to be a natural phenomena.

   There,I decided to be a "Better Half ' what the word really means.I decided to switch over to the other side from this ' Dumbo Husbands ' title to ' Sensible Husbands ' title.



                                                                                           To be continued.............

      

No comments:

Post a Comment