Thursday, April 17, 2014

5.I,You and They.Part II

   As we were moving towards the village by a taxi,I was surprised to hear the taxi driver's friendly chat.He seemed to be a "call a spade a spade " type.When he came to know that, that was our first visit to Leena's native place after our fifteen years marriage life,he could not help showing his discomfort and from his staring at me I could judge that I was not in his good book.However he was tried his best to make us comfortable throughout the journey.On the way at many places,being in the shoes of a tourist guide,he kept telling something about some interesting places with some interesting data.To my relief the country side was not an alien place as I did afraid.In fact the beautiful faces of all kinds of the nature around us had brought some serenity within me that kept pacifying me throughout the journey. His chat was going on with us in following manner.Nearly thirty kilometers we had to travel to get our destination.Here we go;

The taxi driver addressed my kids as,"Hello my little friends!How do you feel at our place.Feel at home.By the way I would like to know the reason for your sulkiness.Is there any problem? But honestly I tell you that your unwillingness to visit here seems to be the chief reason for your sulkiness.Am I correct?"

   We the whole family were looking at each other with an unbelievable expression that how come he knew the exact reason.To my surprise,he continued,"You know Sir!Our body language is the smartest language of any language on this earth.I also have two children younger than your two little friends.My wife is a fantastic lady.So as my parents.My parents on one side and my dear wife on the other side,both taking care of myself and my children in honey way.In return,myself and my children look after them as sweet as we can.In fact,I do hope that if we are sensible enough to understand our smarter body languages,we can bring everything in its place without ruining any one's happiness by sensing the atmosphere and can act accordingly".

   I and Leena had nothing to say.My children got amused.I felt that myself and Leena are leading our theoretical life style and even with our mega education and that metropolitan life style we fail to understand that our life is beautiful,where this simple taxi driver is able to express in simple and elegant way.The taxi driver,with the same honor,"Little friends!you haven't answer my questions yet.Give me one good reason why you people don't like to come to your native places?Almost every one's native place, on this earth must be a village.If your education and your life style are the chief reason to turn yourself off from your native place means shame on you".Here I could sense his genuine anger on us.In a fraction of seconds,he came back to normalcy," I beg your pardon friends!I shouldn't thrust my views on you.I am very sorry.But I feel that if you fail to pay often visits,to your native village means something is wrong with you people".

   The taxi driver's open criticism made us to keep our fingers crossed."It is all right".He continued."Still you friends, haven't answered my questions".My children blurted out."We have so many summer programs like mountaineering,swimming,painting and so many tournaments and so on.We have no idea about you country people and how far you have understood our problem".The taxi driver burst out laughter.I also have no idea about you city people and how far you are going to understand your village people..We village people have butter right in our hands.What is the need for looking for ghee?" "What do you mean Uncle?". My children retorted.

   The driver with some chuckles,he turned to me,"I am very sorry to say this Sir!From your children's saying I think this must be the first trip for your family to your native village.I won't blame the children for their ignorance about their native village and its atmosphere and its natural resources.You and Madam are to be blamed.I don't think Big Money and High Life Style are the only resources to mean what life is.Life is to my opinion that when we are able to register some fond memories within our own clan means we can register the same in anywhere else in this world.Registering our presence even in our absence is the matter. As everything starts from our home, registering our presence also starts from our home and it starts from our real home which is at our native village I feel".

   My children lost their patience."Uncle you haven't answered our question".He, with all his smiles,"Here we have reached your destination.I am sure you people can find the answer at your village itself.Enjoy your trip friends! By the way,Sir!" he turned to me,"I put forward my humble request.I very badly want to know whether these two little friends have found the answer for their own question.So when you go back,if you are willing to accept my taxi service, I will be glad. " Sure " was my answer.I was lost in my own thoughts.The driver helped us in all the ways and leaving the memories of his elegant driving with his elegant speech along with his phone number with us and sped away.


                                                                      To be continued...............

      

No comments:

Post a Comment