Wednesday, April 23, 2014

6.I,You and They.Part III.

   When my family reached our home,I mean my wife Leena's birth place,there was a rousing welcome from the whole village where Leena's family members were standing in the front row,with their exciting pleasant smiles.It means some way or the other somebody had sent their word,before our arrival.A warm welcome indeed.We were taken into the spacious,tall and broad and cool house where the whole house was very simple but it was elegant.Even my sulky children started to enjoy the warm atmosphere.

   There was a hustle bustle everywhere,where some of the village people of all ages entered into the house along with us.Before we settled down there were many forms of questions in the form of inquiry,darting from all directions of the house in the favor of their own village daughter.

   "Son-in-law! It is not at all fair on your part.Absolutely it is not at all  fair.Why did you take this much time to pay visit to our place with your family?How come your wife let you take this much time?.This question was from one direction.From the other direction."It is all right Pals!Let them refresh themselves.Take them to our riverside to take bath and bring them to the temple to perform a special prayer for the sake of their family".From altogether different direction,"Let them have some home made coffee first".

   Some of the village children of my kids age came forward and started dragging my children to the other direction.My children were highly frustrated,and started yelled at them by their Convent English.In no time,the village children warned them sternly with our mother tongue,"Hi Pals! who wants your English here?Spare them for your place.If you people let your head swell,you will be paid back dearly.Understand?.
Come on let us go".The children's battalion marched in the opposite direction.My children's faces fell down.

   Instantly a lady seemed to be as Leena's relative came forward and tried her best to pacify the smart battalion team,"Look kids! This is not at all good.Is this the way a host receive their guest?.is this the way you are showing your hospitality?.Let them refresh first..Then take them to all interesting parts of our beautiful village.See!How bad they feel about your bitter welcome.The children turned back and came towards my children and held their hands,"We are so sorry.At the same time your behavior is also not good.Let us even them and let us be friends.You people refresh yourself and join us near the river.See you!".My family couldn't help admiring the smartness of these village kids.In fact,"Call a spade a spade" nature seems to be a natural phenomena of the villages which helps to nip the errors in the bud which seems to be very helpful to mend our ways clean and clear.

   After a while all hustles and bustles came to a halt,as the neighbors left our place after extending their warm invitations to visit their places.Then I looked around the house and the members of the house.The house is so beautiful with sufficient flow of air as it has vast open space almost in all directions.The space between the main gate and the main house is very good place for all activities of the house.As a dining hall,as a play ground for the children,as the place where the grains can be put under the sun,as the meeting place of the whole family and some times as a place for power nap.Some kind of fruit trees were around the house which played the role of Air Coolers.There was a guest house with double rooms with attached bath room situated just behind the main house The only known members in this house were my parents -in-law who paid occasional visits to our places.Then I and my children got introduced to Leena's two younger brothers and one youngest sister.Obviously Leena's,youngest sister saranya is the "Apple of the family's eye".All were married and had kids..They had their own occupations along with their family occupation agriculture.

   I and my boy accompanied Leena's brothers to the nearby pond to take bath.There we met the half the village refreshing themselves with the fresh water,the river water with a towel on their waist.They greeted us with their warm smiles.Myself and my son enjoyed very well by splashing water on each other.Actually I felt what a bath means.I and my son did implement our swimming knowledge to some extent.As it was on summer holidays the village children were on their competitive aspirations to exhibit their sound swimming knowledge with different styles and strokes.

   My son's ego was slowly melting down.He knows just swimming but not this sort of expert swimming with different styles.He felt very bad for his rash behavior..He told,"Dad my ignorance spoils my name.I want to say sorry to those children.I want to make friends with them ".Then he turned to his uncles's side,who were taking bath nearby (and were still not comfortable with our presence,) and went towards them and clasped their hands as if he was quite familiar with them,"Uncle! I want to be friends with those children.Can you help me?".This is the nature of the children.They are the bond makers between the families.We must be ready to continue to build the same band from our side,instead of cut short their bonds,then there will be no chance for any sort of conflicts within the family and outside the family.His uncles together with big voices, instantly called the children by their names and gestured them to come to their place.

   They came near to us with some unwillingness.Before my son's uncles utter any word,my son grabbed their hands,"Friends!I am so sorry.Myself and my sister are very sorry for our bad behavior.We want to build a friendship bond with you.Will you forgive us? and are you ready to accept our friendship?"."Why not?".was  the chorus response.They sought my brothers-in-law permission and led my son to their place with thundering noises.For another half an hour my son's joys found no bounds.And at the same time Myself and my brothers-in- law were going on very well,with our active conversations without our knowledge.I must thank my son who just paved a way for it.

   On the way back home there was a medium sized temple there.,Everyone of the village got into it and offering their prayers.we also did so with the help of the people present there and we were back home. Leena and my daughter took bath and had been waiting for us to have break fast with all of us.I couldn't take my eyes off from Leena as she was in her extraordinary beauty.Her contention of being with her loving family at her birth place might have brought this sort of beauty in her.My parents- in-law's fond inquiry about our spent time in water which led my son to come out with loads and loads of information with variety of expressions which made my daughter to have a bad feeling on her missing chance.

   We were arranged to sit in a  semi circular manner and the dishes were placed in the center in a covered glittering vessels.My Mother-in-law was ready to serve us from the opening side of the semi circle. Leena, made her youngest sister sit by her one side and her brothers on the other side and seemed to be forgetting totally about myself and my children.Still I had no word with my sister-in-law.I had no idea about how to start.But at the same time,she started with some mocking warning,turned to Leena "Sis!Warn your better-half.Even though he owns some noble occupation,he has no right to under estimate our, the most noble occupation, agriculture.If he shows any sign of that I will crush him to nothing".I retorted," Look Leena! clear your quarrel picking sister's wrong opinion on me.I respect this most noble occupation without which no other occupation can survive.But at the same time ask her to respect me as her elder sister's husband and respect my noble profession which would help your little sister to prolong her life time to crush me to nothing for nothing".

   There was a thundering applause from my family members. Leena didn't expect this timely jovial response from me.Even myself I din't expect the same.I felt so happy.If it was in some other place,and at some other time,definitely I would get a big hug with a mouthful kiss from my Sweet Heart.I missed it.But her glaring at me, did all these.After that, my sister-in-law was very comfortable to continue her chat with me through Leena where ever and when ever she got a chance to pull my leg.I must thank Leena to make me understand and enjoy the other side of the bonds of love, in a relaxed family background on nature's lap.

   I thoroughly enjoyed the delicious village special meals along with the sweet family's get together chance.



                                                           To be continued.........

 

 
     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment