Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Intend to be Content.

   The other day we happened to hire a Gardener to weed our nearly 2000 square feet tiny land.As the land is located in the outskirt of the city,we fail to maintain the land.Here and there some houses have been built around our land.As it is,no wonder about our land's position of filling with heavy herbs and shrubs which were hanging outside the compound wall and the main gate.Some four or five deep rooted trees with heavy branches were also there.The weeding must have been done two years back.But our negligence turned our land into a mini forest and a comfortable dwelling place to some kind of dangerous reptiles which needed a instant weeding.

   We looked for a Gardener in our locality but we were unable to find one who came forward with reasonable wages.We waited for some more time,nearly for three more months.The monsoon started.When we had a casual chat about this with our relatives who are at our native place, nearly 80 kilometers from our place, there came a solution..The very next day,they appeared before us with their Gardener and the related tools of gardening.

   They came along with us to show the land to their Gardner,and they were off to the Town-Hall for some shopping.The next day they were off to our native place.The Gardner was well built with medium height but certainly has a beaming  face.After surveying the land, he suggested politely with all respect,"Master! First the herbs and shrubs get a thorough weeding through weeding spray.I will get it in the market and will spray now.The weeds need 12 hours to get withered.After that I can find the way to reach the trees.It will take three days to get the process done.My relatives are here.I will stay with them and do the weeding.My Masters are so good.I have to do a lot for them.Let this be the one such good gesture of goodwill".

   We came back home.The next day evening,I went to the place.The beaming gardener was almost cleared the withered herbs and shrubs.I had been there for some time.It was a pleased experience to see him working like a busy bee with that sort of passion.Each and every square-foot had its spectacular clearing from the weeds and that wet land was shining which seemed as if the land had good shower bath just then which enhanced the beauty of its face.I could not help admiring the beauty of the spotless land with those trees which then seemed as if they had been playing the role of mega umbrellas.


   The third day, as I was so curious,I visited the land with good sort of excitement.It was around five.To my surprise,the land seemed to have some sort of seeds with in it.The land had been divided into so many medium sized Squares and Rectangles.Each row of the partition was having a very light codes of white powder.The trees got pruned in such a beautiful way as perfect mega umbrellas.The beauty of the land was an inexplicable one.i.e.It could only be felt.


   The wonderful Gardener was about to get ready to leave the place after finished doing his gardening to the core.Noticing me,he was nearing me with that ever green beaming face,"Madam!Forgive me.Without your knowledge I took your permission as if it was granted.After clearing the weed,my farming passion didn't allow me to leave the land again as bare land.With a hope that you people wouldn't refuse this sort of cultivation in this land,I bought some kind of seasonal seeds and manure on my way back from my relatives house.They plants are of short termed plants.Before I decided to do this,I sought permission from my master whether it would be possible for me and would it be all right with you people.My good Master told,"Carry on!Let it be a pleasant surprise for them".I felt a lump in my throat.The Gardener continued."You needn't worry about anything else Madam!.I can mange with this along with my Master's.If need arises,I will bring my one or two friends.Let us not waste this fertile land any more".For the favorable answer he looked into my eyes.


   What can I say?The Gardener and his Master both have been making each other very proud by all means.When I told the whole story to my husband,he was moved to the core..We offered the Gardener the wages what the local gardeners had demanded.Really he deserved it.But he accepted only the half and politely gave back the remaining money.We tried our best to make him to have that money.He refused again politely but firmly.His intentions to be content is really godliness.We felt.Now we three,ourselves,our relative and this Gardener have been looking after this tiny land through this nice Gardener and we 'trio' have been enjoying the taste of the seasonal vegetables through the same nice Gardener.This sort of atmosphere is very beautiful indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment