Wednesday, August 14, 2013

3.MATERNAL MEADOWS OF HEAVEN

3.MY  GOD PARENTS

   My maternal eldest uncle and aunt were and are my God parents. My grand father's sudden demise made my uncle to take that big responsibility as head of the family.When he was ready to take that responsibility he was around thirty five and his wife was about thirty.They meant their roles as second parents to the family.He was younger to my mother.when he took his position  along with his beloved wife as second parents,his youngest brother was at the age of about ten whose order in the family was thirteen.

   I always feel that God has sent his own son and daughter-in-law for the sake of our maternal family.My God mother's single mindedness and the way she honored her roles as second mother was beyond any explanation  and without whom's hearty support my uncle definitely could not fulfill his Himalayan  responsibilities in that elegant way.They had no issues.But I don't think that was the reason for their single mindedness.Even they had issues, they never failed to honor their roles.That is the fact.

   My uncle was in a respectable post in a government office.Through his refined activities his seat itself in his office earned a good deal of respect.When my maternal family happened to meet his colleagues they also used to get the same respect and fondness irrespective of their age just because they belonged to him.

    My grand-mother used to remind her other children that my God parents were their second parents.The whole maternal families were under their wings.Any family skirmishes would settle down themselves as fast as they arouse by uttering my God father's name.

   My uncle's working place was at a nearby town from our village He had comfortable quarters which  had somewhat big good fertile land around the house in the form of kitchen garden.All sorts of hill stations' vegetables were cultivated.His house was always be crowded with his nears and dears.The visitors seemed to be feeling as if they were in their own house.My aunt with the help of the visiting relatives used to prepare delicious meals.She was not at all ready to compromise with the ingredients of any sort of meals and ,naturally her prepared meals were impeccably very delicious.

   During festival days her time management and preparations for this big family was amazingly perfect.She was a person with good humor.

   As my uncle seemed to be good at accountancy subject he used to take classes for his colleagues for their departmental exams on their request.Naturally he was a good teacher.

    I always feel that my God parents were made for each other.Together they had brought more and more grace to the family with their genuine and generous effort..

   My uncle's younger brothers were well educated and earned respectable positions in the society by the constant efforts of my uncle and aunt except one who was not interested in education and fond of doing agriculture.

   My uncle's death was also an untimely one as my grand-father.He was not able to enjoy his retired life along with his loving family.At his funeral session my grand -mother's grief was beyond the words.She cried by uttering as ,"my son, my love now only I knew that your father is no more".I was stunned.Something traveled in lightening speed from my head to toe.(At that time my Grand-father's twenty fifth death anniversary was to be celebrated.)

   What a beautiful bond of intimacy between a mother and a son.By uttering this one sentence I could understand my grand-mother's great recognition of her eldest son's responsible efforts as eldest son.Someone in the village tried to console my grand-mother by saying that not only your house is grief-stricken but every house of our village and our nearby villages are also grief-stricken.

   I was not able to have a look at my aunt.In fact I had no courage to see her face.When I tried to console her,she said in a very clear voice , 'Your uncle is always with me" with that confidence.

   Many of our uncle's and aunt's family were brought up by my uncle and aunt.As their family was an affluent family with good generosity, they did their best to their nears and dears.They became  very precious role-models not only to our family, almost every one of their village.

   I observed and absorbed the divine life style of my God-parents.













No comments:

Post a Comment