Tuesday, August 13, 2013

2.MATERNAL MEADOWS OF HEAVEN

2.MY MATERNAL GRAND MOTHER

   My maternal grand mother was a grand lady who had a very extraordinary capability of getting along with the same track with  my workaholic grandpa and as well as enjoy playing carom-board with her great grand children.She was the only person in our family who had a long blessed life.She led her life a happy and contented one who had been blessed to shake hand with her great great grand children by the grace of Almighty.

   Another wonderful ability she was blessed with was she could remember her ten children's married children's family(Nearly  twenty five married grand children's families).Example.When her eldest daughter,s fifth daughter visited her, my loving grandmother with that sort of concern,she asked about her grand daughters family welfare that included about her grand daughter,s in-laws,about her husband,about her two daughters about the climate of their place,about the grand daughter's family visits to her parents- in-laws,about the visit of her grand daughter's parent-in-law's visit to their place(as that particular grand daughter due to her husband's occupation she was some kilometers away from her parents-in-laws) and with some advise for the welfare of the family.And she used to pack some coffee-beans for her grand-daughter,s husband whose favorite beverage was home made coffee.

   When her ninth daughter's eldest married daughter visited her who were working pair,my grand-mother asked about her grand-daughter's comfort about her dual role and asked about the comfort of her grand-daughter's children with their working parents and any help her grand daughter can get from her parents-in-law  to look after her children and so on.

   Many times I was amazed to see her intense memory power from small to big things with good concern along with good recognition.

   My grand- mother had a very best quality of hospitality.Depending on the meals time her visitors were guaranteed with sufficient delicious meals.It was told that one of her regular visitor was one who belonged to my grand-mother's birth place's neighbor village.He was also a good agriculturist in his place.One day when he was in his field,a passerby lady asked for some fresh vegetables.

   Do you know what was his answer?

   Oh my dear lady I am not at all ready to give any vegetables even to that good and generous lady(mentioned my grand-mother's name) who has served me umpteen times with milky white rice with milky white curd.When the fact is like this, do you think I would offer you a single vegetable?

   My grand-mother had a multiple parted, nearly three feet height and nearly seven feet length granary which was very common in every house of the villages with various heights and lengths in those days.She used to store various sort of grains till the next harvest along with the various sizes and shapes of cloth bags.Whenever her relatives visited her depends on their family size, she offers them grains and fresh vegetables packed in those cloth bags along with some home made delicious dishes and snacks and sometimes milk and curd packed in their respective container.The village had never seen her relatives went back free-handed.

   Whenever I had an opportunity of being with my grand-mother even after my marriage I used to ask about her sweet memories.The way she used to bring back those memories of all her ups and downs,about her loving parents, about her only brother,about her friends,about my grand father,about my grand father's relation,about their agriculture,about her children,about the all sorts of events which took place in her family which reflected her respective age  with those events was quite an admirable one.Generally speaking she used to face the things as they come for the sake of her children and for the sake of her family prestige.I could recognize the intensity of her love towards her children and the intensity of love and respect of her children towards their parents that was a remarkable one.

   My grand-mother was almost blessed with everything by the grace of almighty.

   I observed and absorbed my grand-mother's grand roles and the way she honored her roles with good efficiency for the sake of her big and beautiful family.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment